A family member passed away and I need to alert my parents. They are in China at a hotel. I called the number but couldnt communicate with them/find someone who spoke English. Does anyone have any idea what I could do to get a message to them to call me?
Mystical- Thanks so much. $60 is expensive, but its worth it in this scenario.

Never even imagined such a thing existed. Thank you so much.
There are phone call translators for things like teleconferences. They cost money. Look up “phone call translators” on google. I dont know how much they cost.

Another idea: You can try calling the travel agency with which they travelled and see if you can connect through them.

Last resort: you can call the US embassy in China and communicate to them your problem. They might be able to help you. Its a very long shot.